We hope you are all well and ready to come back to basketball after such an extended break!
Our coordinators are currently putting final touches to our Summer 2020/21 teams. Once finalised, you will be contacted with your team for the Summer 2020/21 Season.
As you would expect, there will be some changes to how the games are run due to the Covid-19 restrictions still in place for indoor contact sport.
Below we have detailed what to expect and costs involved.
- All players, spectators, and coaches will need to enter/exit the Stadium via the designated entry/exit points.
- On entry into stadium, you will be required to sanitise your hands, check in by QR Code using your phone & go directly to your court.
- Players will be allowed 1 x adult spectator and 1 x sibling under the age of 12 if necessary.
- For the U21 competition, there are no spectators allowed at this stage.
- There will be no door charge, with this now incorporated into the team sheet cost (see below).
- Only coaches will be allowed to bring in a ball.
- Social distancing will be required, with masks to be worn while inside the stadium by all patrons over the age of 12 years when not participating, unless a lawful exemption applies.
- Games will be scheduled on the hour and last 40 mins, with no stopping of the clock and/or shot clock. There will be a 20 minute break between games to allow for the score bench and seating area to be cleaned.
- You will be required to exit the stadium immediately once your game has finished.
Summer 2020/21 Team Sheet Fees
(as advised by Kilsyth Basketball)
|Team Sheet||Door Entry||New 2020 Team Sheet||Covid Bio Safety Levy||Covid Cleaning Levy||Covid Team Sheet|
Once restrictions are eased further, both the Covid Bio Security Levy and Covid Cleaning Levy will be removed.
Basketball Victoria have introduced a new scoring platform to replace Stadium Scoring, and will be in use at all stadiums from Round 1. You can find out more here.
With regards to training days, venues and times, there will be no training prior to Round 1. We plan to have our training schedule finalised next week, ready to commence from Monday, December 7.
Our training venues will have similar Covid requirements to your matches, including QR check-in, masks and sanitising hands & basketballs.
– – –
We truly appreciate your patience as we return to basketball under these restrictions set by the State Government and Basketball Victoria. We look forward to seeing you back on court once again.