This Code of Conduct applies to all players of the SEBC Saints.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official.
- If you disagree, have your Captain, Coach, or Team Manager approach the referee during a break or after the game in an appropriate manner.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted in basketball.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Acknowledge all good plays whether be by your own team or the other team.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Play for ‘the fun of it’ and not just to please parents and coaches.
- Avoid use of derogatory language based on race, gender or impairment. Keep comments to yourself and concentrate on the game instead.
- Be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a fair winner and a good loser.
- Remember that you are representing the St Edmunds Basketball Club and always conduct yourself accordingly.
If you have any queries about our Player Code of Conduct, please contact us.