Team Manager Registration

Do You Need a WWC?

Police and teachers (who have separate checks) do not have to get a Working With Children Check. However, they should give you some proof that they are police or teachers such as a copy of the teacher’s Institute of Teaching card. These exemptions will be recognised by Basketball Victoria.

The Act also exempts parents where their children are playing in the team in which the parent is involved as a coach etc. Also exempt are adults where all children in a team are closely related to the person.

However, Basketball Victoria and the SEBC Saints will not recognise these exemptions and will require those parents or close relatives to have Working With Children Checks. For more information on this, please download the Working With Children pamphlet from Basketball Victoria.

Applying for a Working With Children Check is relatively easy and free for volunteers. If you require a WWC Check, please visit the Victorian Government Working With Children website.

Get in Touch

Got a question? Head over to our contact page and we’ll pass it on to the best person to help you.